Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Art Impressions

Greetings!
On this trip I have had the pleasure of going to several art museums. Places like the Belvedere and the Vienna Art History Museum are very inspiring not only as museums, but as buildings in themselves.
I got to learn about three artists during my time here that I did not know of beforehand: Eugene Delacroix, Paul Delaroche, and Gustav Klimpt. Now that I know about them I feel slightly embarrassed that I wasn't aware of these fantastic artists. In Leipzig there was a special exhibit on Delaroche and Delacroix. I found a lot of their works quite moving, and I must have stared at the Death of Sardanapalus for twenty minutes. To be clear, this was his own 1844 replication, or second take, on his earlier painting from 1827.
Isn't it interesting that the moments that you find most moving are often the ones that make you stand still?

No comments:

Post a Comment