Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Salzburg and The Vienna Philharmonic

First off, the hostel in Salzburg is awesome. Being an education major I love that it is also a high school. Every morning the students come in all excited (or anxious rather) for school. To get up to our rooms we have to pass two major entrances to their high school hallways. My last J-term in Hungary was all education based. Staying at a school really reminded me of my experiences there and peeked my interest. I walked one of the hallways and found similar decorations and skills sets that are used in Hungary. It was a lot of fun to walk down memory lane and make a strong connection between my two trips.


Although we traveled to Vienna on our music excursion, the Vienna Philharmonic is on a traveling tour and was playing in Salzburg during our stay. This orchestra was by far the best performance, sound, tone, and articulation I have ever witnessed. Multiple times I had to check and see if a solo was being played. The strings were so together that it sounded as if only one violinist was playing. It was outstanding. Nothing will compare to this performance ever again. The richness and strong emotion that presented itself was unbelievable. After this performance the Vienna Philharmonic is number one on my list.

We could literally touch the conductor if we wanted to!
 




Between those two experiences, Salzburg couldn't get any better. Pairing education with music and art was amazing. Great impressions of Salzburg all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment