Tuesday, February 2, 2016

At Last, Vienna!

I have been waiting to arrive in Vienna since the beginning of the trip. Last time I was in Europe I had the opportunity to visit Vienna, but for only an afternoon. That trip consisted of going down the main shopping street and riding the "Hop On Hop Off" bus tour of the city. After our tour here and a couple of days just exploring on our own, I realize now that I barely even touched the surface of Vienna the last time I was here.



The tour mostly took place around the St. Stephan's Church. Our tour guide was great. We learned all about the church and then went through the neighboring streets to one of Mozart's apartments, a coffee house that many composers frequented, an open court yard that demonstrated how people traveled throughout the city without actually going on the major roads, and then ending at the Imperial Palace. When the tour concluded a small group of us went to a great chocolate shop and then returned to the hostel to get ready for our concert.




I love the Wombat Hostel that we are staying at here in Vienna. It feels very home-y and clean. The wifi can be spotty at times, but the location is great, it's clean, and breakfast is delightful.
















No comments:

Post a Comment