Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Finale


My last day in Vienna was a great one. With my free day in the city I wandered around one of the main squares, looking at all the fun things I hadn't gotten a chance to see on the tour we took. There were more amazing statues, restaurants, and a great cafe called Aida where I ordered and amazing chocolate nougat and pistachio marzipan cake.
The final swing dance of my trip took place at the Hostel we were staying at and all of the dancers that I had made friends with over the last week all came and danced with me. It was an amazing experience to get to form connections with people who had the same passion that I did and I hope to see all of them again.

As a musician this trip has shown me just how much I have to grow as an artist and what it can be like to reach the peak of professionalism. Getting to listen to some of the best orchestras in the world in person really put what it means to be a professional into perspective and I'm excited to continue my journey to improve even more in my playing as my life continues.

Thank you Dr. Powell and PLU for making this trip possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment