Thursday, February 4, 2016

Food!

Okay, so I know that I am now posting on this blog after the trip is over...but I was too busy exploring and having fun in Europe to do 'homework.' Oh well :)
So this post is about food. Simply put, it will be sorely missed. I did not have a single bad meal. In fact, I enjoyed some of the best food I've eaten in a long time (besides my family's seafood). I did end up eating a bit more potatoes than I would have liked (even though they were all cooked very well), but it was worth it for the rotkraut, the sausages, the goulash, and the schnitzel. My favorite restaurant was U Fleku, in Prague. Everything was so good, and I ate a lot of everything. The bacon-bread dumplings were to die for, and they made an awesome roasted duck. I also appreciate that the food in these countries was not as processed, and not as sweetened. It made bigger meals feel less like a giant rock in your stomach, and more like a lot of great food.
Oh yeah, and I got to eat some Mozart cake in Salzburg on his 260th birthday. Austrian style cake with a marzipan frosting -- that was some good cake.
One of many Schnitzels. This one with a mushroom cream sauce. YUM
Mozart cake!

Sign outside my favorite bar/restaurant in Leipzig. This place wins my award for best goulash.

No comments:

Post a Comment