Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The final day

Our very last day of the trip was completely free, so a large group of us decided to do as the locals do and spent a couple of hours at Cafe Central, one of Vienna's famous cafe houses. 
The cafe was beautiful!

We had a nice leisurely morning at the cafe and then decided to go find an ice skating rink by the Rathaus, which was probably the coolest rink I've ever seen! It had pathways to skate on that connected different rinks, and it had the best view of any ice rink I've ever seen. Vienna is so beautiful!




Ice skating in Vienna might be one of my favorite memories of the whole trip, as far as group activities went! We stayed for several hours, and the time flew by while we skated. The group of us who went had very different ability levels, but we stuck together and had a great time!


Stepping out on the ice!

I'm so thankful to have had this opportunity to travel the world seeing concerts with some of my favorite musicians! Sharing these experiences with good friends made it feel like the first time seeing everything all over again, and the feeling of awe I got from the concerts we saw is indescribable. Right now I'm sitting at home and this trip already feels like it was some kind of amazing dream- it's so hard to believe all the wonderful things we saw and did on this trip were in real life! Overall, the biggest thing I noticed was that the orchestras and ensembles we saw were having fun and reveling in the music they created. This was so inspiring to see, and makes me want to make a goal for the semester: to put as much joy into my own music making as I felt coming from the incredible ensembles we heard in Europe. The joy of music on the part of the performer is what makes music come alive for the audience, and the reason I love it so much! Hopefully I can share some of that joy and inspiration with my own students someday. Danke schön, Europe! 




No comments:

Post a Comment