Thursday, February 4, 2016

Reflection

Coming back home to the states is so surreal. Normal things like sleeping in, driving/riding in cars, and not doing 100 things in one day feels strange. I'm just now noticing all the bruises on my knees from lugging around my suitcase for a month- that's how busy we were. But I wouldn't change it for the world. 
I had an amazing experience in Europe. I've been to France before, however I had spoken the language and learned about the culture in school. But throwing myself into a culture in which I did not speak the language or understand was a completely new experience. 
It was an amazing trip. I never thought I would be able to see so many wonderful, world renowned orchestras in my entire life. I also never thought that I could appreciate music even more- I was wrong! 
This trip helped me to learn a lot about myself and the kind of goals I want for my life. It made me realize just how much more I want to travel, and how much more I want to spend my time in graduate school far, far away from home, preferably in another country all together. It was a life changing experience that I will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment