Friday, February 5, 2016

Looking Forward

When I got back to Seattle, walked out of the airport and looked around, I realized that nothing was going to be the same. This trip has not only been the trip of a lifetime but it has also changed that way I look at my life and my surroundings. Being in the "PLU Bubble" it has been hard for me recently to push my mindset outside of Tacoma and Parkland. Traveling to Europe, especially Vienna, really opened my mind up to new possibilities. I not only have a new appreciation for the music and culture around me but also for my dreams and passions. There is so much out there that  I have not discovered and that honestly, blows my mind. It is crazy to think that there is the same quality of music that we saw in a month literally happening all the time. There isn't a concert that the Berlin or Vienna Phil play that isn't incredible. There is so much to listen to! And countless opportunities to dive in to the history of the music and backgrounds of composers and artists and this past month we barely scratched the surface. I will never forget the experiences on this trip, the countless inside jokes with friend, moments in music that took my breath away or the awe of standing at the top of a tower and overlooking an entire city. This trip has definitely motivated me to dive in to my passions and music and that is something I will not take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment