Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Haydn's Missing Head

Today we went to see the church where Haydn worked and we heard the story of his missing head. 
As it turns out, Haydn's head was stolen when he was first buried by a scientist that wanted to study and see if Haydn had an enlarged lobe or if there was something different about his brain that made him smarter than anyone else. He wanted to see if there was a reason why Haydn was a genius composer. It wasn't until the 1950's that Haydn's head was returned to his body. I think that is crazy but also very interesting. It was something I had no idea about! 

That night, after a crazy train ride and almost being late, we made it to the Magic Flute! Even though I was wearing a t-shirt to the opera because I chose not to go change, the opera itself was incredible. The conductor looked so young and he directed the entire opera without a score! That's crazy! Also the Queen of the Night aria was life changing. I had been waiting the whole trip to hear this aria and she did not disappoint! She was so amazing! I had never seen that opera before and it is probably my favorite opera and I'm so glad we got the chance to see it in the State Opera House! 

No comments:

Post a Comment