Thursday, February 4, 2016

Auf wiedersehen!

I'm home now and, as you can tell, have caught up on my blog posts. It was extremely difficult while on the trip to peel myself away from the opportunities presented in each city and sit down to write. I wanted to use up every minute exploring the sites and absorbing the atmosphere. That first night in Leipzig seems like a year away now and I can hardly believe we packed so many adventures into a mere 26 days. Four plane trips, four countries, eight cities, nine train rides, 18 performances, and 215 miles walked makes for an exhausting, busy, fulfilling, and inspiring trip. Hearing Vienna horns and seeing Swan Lake were particularly moving for me as a hornist and former ballerina. Throughout the trip I had chance encounters with the principal oboe of the Gewandhaus Orchestra, the personnel manager of the New York Met, a Tonkunstler Orchestra cellist, and a Camerata Salzburg violinist. It was incredible the insights I gained from these people as well as from our tour guides. This trip was certainly a memorable one and I truly hope to find myself back in these cities in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment