Saturday, January 23, 2016

Czech Philharmonic

Yet another inspiring performance last night at the Czech Philharmonic. On the program was Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet Overture and his Symphony  No. 3, as well as Bruch's Violin Concerto No. 1. I have previously played through horn excerpts of both of Tchaikovsky's pieces, but never listened to their entirety. This was the third time, however, I had heard Bruch's concerto live. I'm not typically one to tear up from the beauty of a performance, but something about this concert moved me greatly. The hall itself was opulent with towering stone columns, frescoes, and ornate chandeliers which only added to the impressiveness of the performance. Looking at the detail in the hall while absorbing the music surrounding me will not be a feeling I soon forget. Even as I woke up this morning I had the third movement of the violin concerto playing in my head. That can only mean this is going to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment