Sunday, January 31, 2016

Prague Part Two!

In my last post on Prague I talked about my first impressions and how amazing I thought the city was. Now that the trip continues on I still find Prague amazing especially the unique shops such as the leather store, and the music that we had the privilege of experiencing.

On the second day of our adventure Professor Powell took a handful of us to a genuine leather shop that sold high quality items for a very reasonable price. I had noticed a day earlier that the straps on my purse had only two threads holding them together, I was in dire need of a new bag. Lucky for me this leather shop had exactly what I needed and more. After browsing all the beautiful bags for probably a good forty-five minutes I was finally set on two bags. One I knew my mom would like, and a smaller one that was more practical for traveling. I have absolutely no regrets with my purchases. The price for two leather bags wasn't bad either. It was a highlight of Prague that I am reminded of every time I reach for my new bag.

The travel friendly purse that I fell in love with!
Music in the city of Prague was great. I constantly felt surrounded by music the entire time I was there. On the night we arrived there was music playing by the astronomical clock starting my musical adventure. The voices of the many different languages continued this musical adventure as well as the various tunes coming from the restaurants. My favorite performance seen in Prague was the Czech Philharmonic. I enjoyed watching the conductor interpret the music and well as the tone that the orchestra produced. The night before the Czech Phil, e had seen an opera called Rusalka. Professor Powell made a comment that the couple behind him had hilarious comments about the Opera. Well that couple happened to attend the Czech Phil the following night and sit by Alan and Taylor. Through conversation we learned that the wife was a dance choreographer from Lacey, WA and the husband was stage director of the Metropolitan Opera. It was fun to hear their comments on the opera and then listen to their raving reviews of the Czech Phil. Their stories were great! It was fun to see how small of a world it really is and hear another's opinion on the shows that we were all attending.


Prague was great all together. The music that filled the streets and the romantic feel of the city is unforgettable. Definitely a destination that I would like to return to in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment