Thursday, January 28, 2016

Mendelssohn's Elias

Usually when I watch pieces and performances that involve both choir and band, I am usually in them! Like the Christmas concerts at PLU as well as performances that I participated in during my time in choir and band in high school.  This was the first time I had ever been in the audience member! It was really cool! We sat in the first couple rows! 
That's how close we were to the soloists. There was a bass, tenor, mezzo and a soprano soloist. What I thought was especially cool was the fact that the Mezzo who performed the night we saw the pice, was a sit in due to the fact that the original soloist was sick. She was incredible even though she was a guest soloist. 

The best part I think of the whole performs nice was sitting directly in front of the bass soloist! He was playing "Elias" or Elijah, and he was amazing! He was so loud and sang beautifully! I was really impressed with the orchestra and choir and the conductor. The conductor showed articulations so intensely that I felt like I was actually in the orchestra! It was a great performance and I am really grateful for the amazing experience to see all of Mendelssohn's Elias! 

No comments:

Post a Comment