Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Do Re Mi Fa Salzburg

Today was our first full day in Salzburg and the hills are alive with the sound of music! I already love it here! There are entire shops just dedicated to Mozart Week! 
Like what.... It's crazy! I am so excited!  I feel like I am in music heaven! I mean, I am currently writing this while I am listening to sound of music and eating a handmade Mozart ball, what could get better than this?!
Our dinner tonight was at the St. Peter's resturant. It was a Mozart's Aria dinner! We heard music from Don Giavonni, The Mairriage of Figaro and The Magic Flute! 
It was so awesome! I didn;t get a picture but the string chamber ensemble and singers were all in original dress, it felt like I was back in time listening to a concert where Mozart was actually there. The room above is like the room that Mozart would have played in! It was a really nice and great experience! 
We even got serenaded! The male lead singeled people out in the audience and Megan Cummings, a girl at our table got serenaded! It was so funny! 
I'd have to say that Salzburg has been one of my favorite places we have been so far. It really is amazing to see how much a town has changed due to Mozart being born there, especially since Mozart didn't even like Salzburg, but the town has developed into a musical town and I'm sure that Mozart would love to see what Salzburg has become today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment