Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The last three days...

The last few days have been a bit surreal for me.  It started during La Traviata.  No more than a minute after Violetta died, I received a phone call telling me that my mother passed.  This was not a surprise since she has been fighting cancer for a while, but the timing was  not lost upon me.  I am grateful for the company of good and caring students.  They have helped me tremendously.

The next day some of us went to Wittenburg.  It is amazing to think that in this sleepy little German town, Martin Luther changed the world we know forever!









Yesterday was the History Museum were there was a stunning Egyptian exhibit then back to Philharmoniker Hall where we saw the Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra played an all Stravinsky program conducted by the fabulous Gustavo Dudamel!  It was wonderful.

I am every thankful for the distractions...

No comments:

Post a Comment