Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Mozart's Birthday!

Today is Mozart's 260th Birthday! It was also a day that we all traveled up to a castle even though the team was broken.  One of our members, Lydia, even had a dream that we would all have to walk up because it would be broken. Maybe she can predict the future? Here is the a view of the castle from the bottom:
We walked all the way to the top! It was really worth it though! The view was amazing! 
Here is a few students practicing ballet on the castle grounds

After our excursion to the Salzburg Castle, we decided to spend the rest of the day celebrating Mozart's Birthday. Starting with getting coffee at the same cafe that Mozart used to drink coffee at.
Next we made an attempt to get a treasured piece of Mozart's Birthday cake! We were successful, even after getting a few shoves from some pretty impatient celebrators. 
We then finished the day with a performance from the Vienna Philharmonic! I was so excited for this performance! They played Mozart's "Haffner Symphony", a Dutilleux Violin Concerto and Mendelssohn's Italian Symohony! 
They were absolutely incredible! The bassists were just shredding the entire time! They were amazing! I loved the way the conductor moved and the way the ensemble shaped notes and moved together. Their articulation was incredible! I feel like I reached a point in the Italian Symphony were I finally understood what music was supposed to sound like. It was a surreal feeling! I've never been more engaged as an audience member than with this performance. They had so much energy and charisma! I didn't want the music to end! I love watching these performers especially when you see them smile at each other. Tonight, one of the bassists was having trouble flipping his page and you could see one of the other musician laugh at him and kind of joke about it. I love this. I also love when two people look at each other after a really difficult or beautiful passage and smile at each other! It shows me how wonderful making music is and it makes me want to go practice and be in rehearsal all the time! I could write paragraphs and paragraphs about tonight's performance but I'll just say that it was absolutely incredibly breathtakingly beautiful! 

Happy 260th Birthday Mozart! I wish you could see what an influence you have made! 

Claire 

No comments:

Post a Comment