Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Food in Prauge

I have to say, the food in Prague was some of the best food I've had in my life. I had many traditional Czech dishes that all tasted great. The first night we were in Prague, Dr. Powell took the class to U Fleku, the oldest brewery in Europe. Unfortunately, I was very sick at the time and needed to have a doctor come visit me at the hostel, and the only time he could be there was when dinner was scheduled. We ended up missing dinner, but Lydia and I were able to dine at a traditional Jewish restaurant. I had an amazing goulash with dumplings and raw onion. I noticed a lot of my meals in Prague had raw onion, which is definitely a plus for me.

Another meal I particular enjoyed was a skewer of pork and lamb sausage with mustard and french fries. The meal pictured doesn't look like anything special, but it was very good. The sausage variation was nice, and the french fries were particularly amazing. I haven't had bad french fries in Europe yet! The last pictured meal is some Prague pork, with both potato and bread dumplings. This came from U Fleku, where Dr. Powell took us out to lunch since we missed dinner. I wish I could have experienced the beer everyone seemed to rave about, but unfortunately I cannot consume alcohol with my medication. The meal I got was great and very filling, but the real star of the show was the garlic soup. Amazing!

Goulash


Sausages and French Fries


Garlic Soup!!!


Prague pork with dumplings

1 comment: