Sunday, January 31, 2016

Vienna Chamber Orchestra

Today we saw the Vienna Chamber Orchestra! We saw them perform at the Wiener Konzerthaus!
The first piece they played was Mendelssohn's concerto for two pianos. What I thought was really interesting is that one of the two soloists was the conductor himself, Stedan Vladar. The other soloist was his former student, Magda Amara! They were both incredible! He would be conducting and then all the sudden he would start playing an insane piano part while still cueing the rest of the ensemble! I have never heard so many notes fit into such a small amount of time! I just wanted them to play the whole thing again! :) 

The second piece on their program was Brahms Serenade Nr. 1 in D major! I had never heard this piece before but it was really gorgeous! I saw musicians smiling at each other and that made me really happy! This was one of my favorite concerts so far on the trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment