Monday, January 25, 2016

First Introductions to Prague or Praha

Stunning! Absolutely stunning was my first impression of Prague.

When we arrived I was very tired from traveling and wheeling my rather large suitcase from the metro to our hostel. When Dr. Powell said he was going to take us on a tour of the city only thirty minutes after checking in I had some ungrateful thoughts, (All I wanted to do was unpack and find food). However, when we began the tour and crossed the bridge into the main city of Prague I was breathless. The city reminded me so much of Budapest, Hungary. I was in heaven. I completely forgot my hunger and was in awe of all the beautiful buildings and the way the light shown on them so perfectly as the sun began to set. We we reached Old Town Square where the Astronomical Clock is located, there was someone playing the piano which created this unbelievable atmosphere. Being surrounded by these stunning buildings, having the piano music in the background, snow covering the rooftops, and Dr. Powell telling us some history, I couldn't escape the feeling that I was in a dream. Everything was in a blur around me, but in a good blur. I was so mesmerized by my surroundings that I could barely take it all in. Wittenberg was exciting, however this is my highlight of the trip thus far. Just that feeling of beauty was breathtaking. A moment that I will never forget.


 






After the short tour we finally found U Fleku, our destination for dinner. This restaurant was a blast. There was a live accordion player, great food for a decent price, and delicious beverages. Sadly I had waited too long to eat and got an upset tummy before I was able to enjoy my food, but it looked delicious and everyone else enjoyed their dishes. It was fun to have the live music and watch everyone smile and laugh with one another. It was a great way to end a long travel day and just have some fun. It really was a great experience.








And that was our first night in Prague!

No comments:

Post a Comment