Sunday, January 24, 2016

Intro to Prague

We have officially reached our second full day in Prague! So far this is definitely my favorite city! I feel like James Bond going to all these fancy cities that I see in movies. 

The first night we were here we went to the oldest resturant in Europe, U Flecka! It is like twice as old as America! 
There was one point when the musician playing the accordion came around and started playing songs we could all sing along too, even some Christmas carols. Also the food! Holy goodness. I've never been so full in my entire life, I felt like I wouldn't have to eat for days! 

On our first full day in Prague we went on a walking tour all the way up to the Prague castle, which is absolutely gorgeous! 
This is the cathedral we went in at the top of the hill! It is part of the Prague Castle! 
It was really fun to walk around in such an old cathedral that is still in use today! 

The rest of the waking tour was exploring the castle and the grounds around it! 
That night we saw Rusalka,
which is an opera written by Dvorak! I thought the score was beautiful! It was a really great experience because my favorite symphony is the New World Symphony no. 9 written by Dvorak and it was interesting seeing the way the instrumentation was similar or the same way he scored melodies in the same way as he did in his symphony. I thought the plot in Rusalka was a little dramatic, but hey, it's opera. The singing was wonderful and I am really glad we got to see one of Dvoraks operas especially being in the Czech Republic since Dvorak was Czech. 

Tonight we are seeing the Czech Philharmonic and I'm excited to see them perform! 


No comments:

Post a Comment